Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Elyse's 4 Year Stats


Elyse's 4 Year Stats
Height: 41 1/4 inches (80%)
Weight: 35.2 pounds (52%)

Last year at this time I posted a list funny things Elyse was saying. This year, there is no keeping up. There is nothing this girl can't say… or understand and repeat later. These are a few favorites, the kind that we will tell stories about when she's older just to make her cringe. I'll be honest, a couple of them make me cringe now!

I was trying to convince Elyse to take off her princess dress and put on a real dress so we could go out to lunch. She told me, "Getting dressed is not my life." I asked her, "What is your life?" and she responded, "Playing dress up is my life."

"I love your beer breath, Grandpa!" -  Elyse used to like to smell Bryan's beer when he'd have one. She told Grandpa this after a family dinner at Mi Cocina. 

"You have a baby in your tummy." - Elyse to me. "No, I don't." - me to Elyse. "Oh, I guess it's just your food then!" - Elyse to me.

While discussing my upcoming birthday, I told Elyse that I was going to be 33. She got a very skeptical look on her face and said, "uh, or maybe 40 or 50."

Elyse has picked up some British lingo from watching Peppa Pig. Occasionally, when she wants a turn, she'll say, "Let me have a go at it!" She calls the training wheels on her bike "the stabilizers" and the other day, I was joking with her and she said, "Mommy, don't be cheeky." 

We had family over for dinner one night and there was a suspicious smell. Elyse blamed Bryn, then Rene. Lilia finally asked if it was her and she replied, "Eeya, I only tooted a little."

One night, Elyse asked me if I could spray and wash her panties. I told her they didn't need to be and she said, "But I tooted in them!"

Last night I was getting Elyse ready for bed after her bath. She grabbed her bare tummy and asked, "Mommy, how do babies come out?" Me in shock- "What?" Elyse- "How do babies come out?" Me stalling for time- "What do you mean?" Elyse- "Like Bryn, when she was a baby in your tummy, how did she come out?"

One of Elyse's favorite things to do is perform. She uses the entry way as her stage and will dance and act out perfectly "Let It Go" from Frozen or sing various Disney songs. Her memory astounds me! She remembers all of the words, the pauses, the movements, every detail. 

.

Being silly.

1 comment:

  1. Elyse is such a sweet little girl. I'm so glad I'm her Dee! Love her to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete