Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our Family Vacation: Laguna Beach & Disneyland

We had the most wonderful vacation in California. The weather was absolutely perfect and it was so nice to be together as a family and watch Elyse and Bryn experience fun new things and see the wonder and excitement through their eyes. This was a vacation that I took many times as a child with my family. I have the best memories from those trips and I know that our daughters will always remember this trip with us.

We started the vacation off with a day at Laguna Beach. The weather was warm, sunny and just slightly breezy. It was perfect. I was glad I packed cooler clothes and bathing suits for everyone since it was warmer than I expected.

 The water however, was not warm. Icy is a good description. 

 Mimi made the trip with us.  We all really enjoyed having her there.

Bryn hated the feeling of sand on her feet and the cold waves didn't ease her fear of the beach at all. She spent the afternoon people watching from the shade of the stroller or clinging to me for dear life while we walked around and played in the water. She kept telling me, "Lets goooo! Let's go noooowww!"

 The frigid water didn't bother Elyse at all. She loved frolicking in waves.

 And running.

 And jumping. 
(We had to jump in muddy puddles, just like Peppa Pig)

Elyse told me right after I took this picture that this was her "most favorite day EVER!"

 Bryn was clinging to me like a little koala bear, so afraid to be put down. Elyse was happy as can be.

Daddy was such a good sport, playing in the waves with his little girl.


Disneyland
The Happiest Place On Earth

I attempted to get good pictures of the girls in front of the castle but their excitement made it impossible. Elyse was desperate to go into Sleeping Beauty's Castle. She gave me her best "hurry up, mom!" smile.

Our first stop was the Fantasy Faire where the girls got to meet and talk to Aurora, Cinderella, Mulan and Belle. Elyse looks like she could be related to Aurora. Look at the nose, cheeks, chin and hair.

Bryn got a little shy with Cinderella, maybe because she's her favorite princess, so I had to jump in for the picture.

Elyse and Bryn's very first ride at Disneyland was Peter Pan's Flight. It has always been one of my favorites.

After Peter Pan, they were anxious to ride the King Arthur Carrousel.

 Then they were ready for a ride on the tea cups at the Mad Tea Party.

We also rode Dumbo and went through The Haunted Mansion. They were a little scared but did really well.

 Why does everything taste so much better at Disneyland?

 Elyse and Daddy climbed through Tarzan's Treehouse.

Poor Bryn was pretty wiped out after lunch. She ended up falling asleep in the stroller while we browsed some shops.

 Elyse and Alice

Both Bryn and Elyse were so excited to meet Minnie Mouse! 

I love this picture of our family with Minnie and how Elyse is staring up at her like she can't believe she's real.

Elyse was tall enough to ride Splash Mountain and she had a blast. We made Daddy sit in the "wet" seat. 

 Sleepy Bryn was in awe of Mickey's Soundsational Parade.

Elyse begged and pleaded for a princess balloon throughout the entire first day. We kept telling her that we would get one before we left that night, that it wasn't good to get it too early because we'd have to leave it tied to the stroller while we got on rides and it could possibly blow away or be taken. When it was time to leave, there wasn't a princess balloon to be found for sale anywhere in the park. I was preparing to give Elyse the bad news when I saw another mom shopping in the same store we were in with one. I asked her how long ago she bought the balloon and then she offered to sell it to us. They were getting on a flight in the morning and couldn't take it with them. Elyse got her princess balloon and mommy got it for a discounted price!

Breakfast with Mimi and getting ready for day two at Disneyland. Elyse insisted on wearing a princess dress after seeing all of her favorite princesses and how many little girls were dressed up at the park.

 Riding the shuttle from our hotel to the park. Of course Me had to come along too.

On day two, we took another tour of Sleeping Beauty's Castle...

 rode the Monorail…

 Bryn got her first mouse ears...

 they drove some cars in Mickey's Toontown...

 rode the Double Decker Bus down Main Street…

 and the Disneyland Railroad all the way around the park.

Elyse and Bryn had their first taste of cotton candy...

and loved it!

Space Mountain
Our brave little Elyse rode Space Mountain and Star Tours with Mommy and Daddy. Space Mountain was her very first roller coaster. I will never forget how adorable her shrill little screams were. When the ride ended she enthusiastically said, "That was fun!!!"

On day two, we also repeated some of their favorite rides including King Arthur's Carrousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toads Wild Ride…

 and of course, the Tea Cups!


A very happy ending to an amazing vacation!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the pictures with their stories. Kate you really do a great job with that! The girls looked like they really enjoyed everything they did and I'm sure they'll want to go again in the future. Maybe Disney World? Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind on my blog AND checking yours! I love this! That teacup ride makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete