Sunday, October 13, 2013

Growing & Growing

Both girls are growing so fast and changing so much every day. Sometimes it's surreal to listen to everything Elyse talks about and to be able to have a full conversation with her. She's only 3! Well, okay, 3 1/2. It's crazy how much difference half a year makes when they are so small. Elyse says so many hilarious things. I wish I could remember them all but these are some of my favorite Elyse-isms from the past few months.

"Let's talk about Bryn's pants." - Procrastinating taking a nap and pondering what the stain on the leg of Bryn's pants could be.
"I'll put it on my Christmas list." - This year's list is going to be a long one. Everything she sees that she wants from a bike to balloons to candy goes on her mental list.
"You'll have to wait until Christmas, Momma." - Repeating what I've been telling her when I asked if I could wear one of her necklaces.
"The ceiling has a boo boo!" - Pointing out a large spot from a rain leak. Then she says, "Don't worry, Jesus will make it better!"
"Bryn has poo poo stinky-itis." - Playing doctor and giving Bryn her diagnosis after she went poo poo and pee pee for the 1st time in the potty.
"March... in a line..." - Trying to remember that her birthday is March eleventh.
"Holy cow!" - Seeing Bryn's dirty diaper.
"I want to go see Nana and Papa." - I told her it's too early and that they are still sleeping. She responded, "Nana is sleeping but I bet Papa is watching TV." - So true.
"Oh my Lord!"
"Freakin'." I know, I know, parents of the year right here. I debated if I should include this in the list because it's not something we want to own up to teaching her, but she did say it... several times... in the right context, which made it funny to us. "I'm so freakin' cold!" and "This is so freakin' good!"
For the record, I do not say either of the last two things. She learned them from her Daddy. Just saying.


Elyse's 3 1/2 Year Stats
Height: 40 1/2 inches (86%)
Weight: 34 pounds (58%)

Showing off her Breast Cancer Awareness sucker.


And speaking of half years, Bryn is 1 1/2 as of this week and her vocabulary grows every day. Some of the new words she's been saying are Nana, Papa, Eese (Elyse), Lala (used for both Lila and Lola), Evie (Eve), Zo Zo (Zoe), Wah wah (water), horse, duh (duck), apple, wuh wuh (woof woof), ball, blue, bird, door, yes, shoes, bath, car, vroom (imitating a car), whoa (she says this repeatedly in the car like she's on a  ride), go, off, this, that, uh oh, how bout, bubbles, hot dog (which she says over and over while watching the Mickey Mouse Club House theme song), turtle, doctor, cracker and her favorite word right now, NO. She has also started stringing words together to make small sentences like, 
"hi, Lola." "shoes on," and "roll it up."

We are very excited because Bryn went #1 and #2 in the potty for the first time on September 3rd. She is still wearing diapers but now asks to use the potty several times each day and is usually successful. She wants to do everything her big sister does.


Bryn's 18 Month Stats
Height: 33 inches (82%)
Weight: 25 pounds 1 ounce (60%)
Teeth: 8 (4 on the top and 4 on the bottom)


 Bryn's 1st Pigtails


It's been fun to watch both of their personalities develop. Elyse loves everyone and is still so sweet, sensitive and nurturing. Bryn is a Mamma's girl and aside from Daddy and Lola, everyone has to work for her affection. Her face is extremely expressive and always gives away when she doesn't like someone or something. Elyse can be very stubborn and does not like to share with Bryn but Bryn is always willing to take turns. Elyse is very active (maybe it's just the age) and Bryn is much more laid back but they both love to sit and snuggle or read books and rock. They are both girlie girls. Bryn is obsessed with shoes and wants them on at all times. She is starting to have more interest in clothes, jewelry and playing dress up and dolls. Elyse is my little shopper. She always wants to run errands and browse the racks at the stores. It's hard to take her shopping because every time I look, there are things in the shopping cart that I didn't put in there, usually stickers, clothes and candy. That, she gets from me!

Elyse dressed and ready, including her clutch, to go run errands with Mommy.

The girls snuggling together and taking a pretend nap.
This is one of the expressions I was referring to, disapproval.

Playing possum.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!
This is one of the few times they have shared the iPad. I love that they are resting the same way.

Elyse giving her sister some love while Bryn struggled to get free.

Reading her favorite book to Bryn.




No comments:

Post a Comment