Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Elyse's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Elyse started Kindergarten this week. I feel like I blinked and she went from the tiny baby we so carefully took home from the hospital...


...to a big kid, going to school for a full day at a huge elementary school. It's hard for me to let go of her for that large of a chunk of each day. I miss her so much while she is away but I know that she is loving it and that makes it a little easier.



There were no tears this year. She happily sat in her assigned seat, began coloring and only looked up for a split second to blow us a kiss as we left.

Elyse's teacher, Mrs. Hardwick, is a Christian and was named teacher of the year last year. We are thrilled that Elyse was placed in her class this year.

 Bye bye, baby girl.

Elyse was glued to her friend Jena when I picked her up and said that her day was "so awesome!" Elyse and Jena met at church a couple of years ago and have been great friends since. This year, they are in the same class!

Happy to go home but excited for tomorrow! I couldn't ask for more than that!

1 comment: