I've been very blessed recently to have had several opportunities to volunteer at Elyse's school and in her classroom. This has given me a window into what her days are like and how her teacher is that I didn't have before. So far, 1st grade has demanded much less parental involvement than Kindergarten and that has been hard for me. But with two other little ones at home, I don't often get the chance to volunteer or be involved in class activities. Over the past two weeks, I've gotten to be the guest reader at story time, supervise her class in the computer lab, help throw a birthday party for her teacher, eat lunch with Elyse twice and I spent the entire morning on Halloween in her classroom running an activity center. I love getting to spend this precious time with her.
Ms. Moreira's birthday celebration.
Halloween Activity Stations
This was the station I was in charge of. The kids took turns in groups rotating through each station. At my station, they had to complete a book all about pumpkins that involved descriptions, math and critical thinking.
Station 2
Station 3
Station 4
Lunch with my sweet Elyse. It's always so hard to leave her!!!
I noticed this poster when I was in the classroom. Every one's names are covered but I knew as soon as I saw it that this was Elyse's. The last three sentences made me tear up.
"I am brave. I am smart. I am strong."
Yes you are, baby girl. Yes you are. I hope she never forgets that.




No comments:
Post a Comment