We said goodbye to our sweet, little Lola last week. It was very sudden and unexpected and our hearts are aching for her. I remember when we found out that I was pregnant with Elyse, I worried that Lola would not adjust well to having kids around. I was wrong. She was always so gentle with the girls and they loved their little puppy. We will forever miss our Lola.
Lola with baby Bryn.
She was so good about letting the girls love on her.
Meal time was Lola's favorite part of the day. She'd wait patiently for food to drop and Elyse and Bryn never let her down!
Lola loved nothing more than finding a good spot to snuggle and take a nap and often it was in the girl's chairs.
Elyse begged me to take this picture of her with Lola last week. We had no idea that Lola would be gone just two days later. I'm so glad I took time in the middle of cooking dinner to snap this precious shot of Elyse with her favorite puppy.
Elyse was given the new Tinker Bell movie for her birthday. There is a song at the end of the movie called "Strange Sight." The other night while we listened to it, she told me that it reminds her of Lola because she said goodnight to her for the last time too. I listened again and it brought tears to my eyes. She's a very smart little girl.
Strange Sight Reprise by KT Tunstall
Do you long to be left all alone?
Set apart with a heart made of stone
There's a light that you shine
There's a love, I see it in your eyes
Every day, every night
I know time may divide
But fate is something we refuse to hide
And it's real, and it's right
Something strange out of sight
We say goodnight
Set apart with a heart made of stone
There's a light that you shine
There's a love, I see it in your eyes
Every day, every night
I know time may divide
But fate is something we refuse to hide
And it's real, and it's right
Something strange out of sight
We say goodnight


No comments:
Post a Comment