Saturday, August 30, 2014

Elyse's First Day of Pre-K!!!

Elyse started Pre-K this week! I keep looking at her in disbelief. Where did our baby go? We've been talking about school and reading books about it for several weeks to get her prepared and excited for her big day. She woke up early on Monday morning and was ready to go. 

August 25, 2014

 We are so proud of our big girl!


Elyse started getting nervous as soon as we got to the school. Bryan and I walked her into her class room and took her to a table they had set up for coloring and crafts. The little girl sitting next to her was so sweet and drew a picture of Elyse with her long blonde hair. Elyse wouldn't take her eyes off Bryan. I could tell she was fighting back tears and as soon as we tried to tell her goodbye, it was all over.

She ran to Daddy and started sobbing. It broke my heart and it was so hard for me to not break down with her. After a little time outside the class room, she was able to calm down and go back in, still teary but feeling slightly braver. She sat back down to color with her teacher, Miss Christina, and we said goodbye. Then it was Mommy's turn. I made it to the car and then cried the whole way home.

Bryn spent the morning walking around the house looking for Elyse and calling her from the breakfast table, "Eese! Time for breakfast!!!" She was so anxious to pick Elyse up from school. We had to wait outside the building until it was time but she begged and cried to go in to get her.

 To celebrate, I took the girls out to lunch at Elyse's favorite place, Chipotle.

Elyse got her very first homework assignment on Friday. She breezed through her worksheets and was finished before I could even get a couple of pictures. Such a smarty!!!

All in all, Elyse had a great first week of school and is excited to go back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment